Immeasurable Power, Confident Hope
Immeasurable Power, Confident Hope
In an amazing moment in time, in the bleakness of the enclosed tomb, the radiance of God’s glory and Immeasurable Power breaks the gloom and is at work. The Father’s Hand gently raises His precious Son from sleep, awakened to new life. Jesus’ crushed body is instantly renewed – with the only evidence of His suffering three days ago – the enduring engraving of the cross’ nails in His flesh. God’s tender hand in stark contrast to the might of His power – demonstrated as He raises Jesus a new creation, fully restored – altogether God and altogether Man.
The excitement of seeing Jesus’ shimmering bronze legs walking towards you is magnified in the ring-shaped rainbow representing the Bridegroom’s proposal, and God’s eternal and divine promise– His covenant with mankind – declaring His love and giving us Confident Hope.
God’s every endearing promise – every tender assurance throughout the ages is reiterated through this thrilling act in that tomb – Jesus is alive! With that reality comes the revelation of who Jesus is and what this means to Believers.
The revelation of Jesus is reflected in the emerald green shafts of light dancing off the spherical rainbow– like laser beams breaking the gloom of the crypt. The luminous green reminding us of the promise of new life in a spring garden, vibrant restoration of a warm friendship between God and man, symbolic of certain hope in a fallen world. The joined curves in each iteration symbolising the Trinity…Each ray of light a wonderful truth of who Jesus is:
- Jesus is... The Lamb of God! The young lamb in the shadow of the cross, the crown of thorns dripping with precious blood. The lamb without spot or blemish became the ultimate, perfect and abundant sacrifice on our behalf once and for all (Hebrews 10:14)... a perfect offering that has been accepted by God (1 Peter 1:18-20)... Jesus died for our sins and was raised to life by God for our justification (Romans 4:23-25).
- Jesus is... The Lion of Judah! The might of the lion apparent, crowned victorious and the only One found in heaven and earth and under the earth who has triumphed and able to open the scroll and break the seven seals at the end of the age (Revelations 5:5). The strong features in stark contrast with gentle compassionate eyes.
- Jesus is... The highest authority in heaven and earth... ruling with an iron sceptre and crown glistening with jewels, seated at the right hand of Almighty God. This divine authority is for now and forevermore – subject only to God the Father (Ephesians 1:20 – 23.) The bejewelled headpiece appears as fragile as a snow flake, opening up mysteries such as how the victory of the cross separates those who repent from their sins as far as far as East is from the West (Psalm 103:12). At the pinnacle is the new Jerusalem coming down out of heaven ( Rev 3:12).
- Jesus is... The Living One! The King of Kings and Lord of Lords – the Rider on the White Horse who judges and wages war (Rev 19:11 -16)... the One who holds the keys to death and Hades (Rev 1:18)
- Jesus is... The One who fulfilled the prophesy issued to the serpent at the fall of man. Jesus has crushed Satan underfoot through His death on the cross and His resurrection three days later (Genesis 3:15).
Jesus’ Resurrection sets Christianity apart. This piece uses visual contrasts to echo God’s powerful truths: Death exchanged for life; Spring-like emerald rays wrestle barren rock; colours distinguish despair and hope; the ancient tomb immersed by laser-like beams proclaim old truths are still relevant today!
Dimensions: 90cm=width x 60cm = high x 2cm = deep
Mixed media of acrylics; and gold, silver and bronze leaf on MDF board, finished with clear satin varnish. Framed and ready to hang.
Inspired by: Ephesians 1:18-23 - Get to know the hope to which God has called us... the richness of His glorious inheritance, and... the unmatched great power which was demonstrated in the tomb the moment God’s glory raised Jesus from the dead to the newness of life