Here's how you place an order for your own
custom pet portrait painting in 7 easy steps:
Tell me about your pet and preferred
delivery date by completing the Book a Custom Painting - Pet Portrait form, which includes a reference to my typical Terms and Conditions, if you wanted to review the process we follow in more detail.
Email 3 – 10 photos to email@example.com
Step 3: Review and consider options available to you by checking out myCustom Paintings page. This page will also give you an idea of pricing for Square, Portrait and Landscape canvas options
On the above Custom Paintings pages, you can:
- Consider if you prefer my Classic art style with a white background, or select my new Whimsical style of painting with multiple colours in an abstract style as a background. Both of these styles apply to custom paintings. Both styles use contemporary and fun colours.
- Play with canvas sizes using the Wall View tool
to see the artwork in typical rooms, or better yet – experiment with the Live Preview Augmented
Reality tool which shows the artwork on your own wall in your home (best results
are achieved by using your phone)
- View pet colour choices and their typical
meanings. Find detailed colour descriptions here ·
- See more on optional finishes, ie the optional Elegance Finish and the optional Shine Finish
Once you know what you like, you can place
your order with your payment – which can be one of two options:
Full payment in the Shopping Cart that sits within the Custom Paintings Page featuring Square, Portrait or Landscape orientated canvases.
See Step 3 above. As you click through the options you will be able to 'Add to Cart' and 'Continue to Checkout', to finalise full payment, or
Partial payment in the form of a non-refundable deposit
of either 20% for orders less than $500, or 50% for orders over $500. This
option requires you to contact me (if you haven’t already through the ‘Book a Custom Painting - Pet Portrait' Form) and request a custom invoice to be issued
which allows for partial payment.
I commence painting your pet and give you two
opportunities during the process to provide feedback on the artwork.
When we agree the painting is complete, I undertake
finishing off the artwork with varnish and prepare a Certificate of
Step 7) Any outstanding balances would need to be finalised, and once all payments have been made, the artwork is
then sent to you via Parcel Post (FREE shipping in Australia), or if you
are local to the Gold Coast, we undertake handover in person at an agreed
Notes on Custom Paintings
- I will endeavour involve you in the planning process and
keep you updated on the progress of your commissioned artwork so you are able
to let me know if you have any concerns before it is completed.
- If you are not satisfied with the commissioned artwork when
you receive it, please let me know within 7 days so I can see how I can work
with you to make any adjustments to ensure you are happy with the artwork (note
postage and packaging costs for returns are not payable by the artist)
- Once you have paid the deposit (non-refundable) and the
artwork is confirmed as being completed, the balance of payment becomes due
(payable within 2 weeks of being advised the artworks are completed) – if
you choose not to pay the balance of the custom painting costs of the completed
artwork – you forfeit any claim to the painting and/or any prints and/or
advertising in which the image is used. The artwork remains the property
of the artist if payment is not finalised.
- Feel free to have a look at my Custom Painting Terms and Conditions - see the detail related to Custom Paintings Pet Portraits Terms and Conditions.
Notes on Canvas shape and Orientation:
I can offer this advice on canvas orientations based on past experience:
- Square shaped canvases are great for pets with cute faces with short muzzles and shortish, or folded ears. Examples: cats, poodles, Bichon Friese, Bull Mastiffs, Rottweilers, Westies, etc
- Portrait rectangular shaped canvases are great for pets with longer faces and/or upright ears. Examples: horses, Bull Arab dogs, alpacas, Fox terriers, Scottish terriers, etc
- Landscape rectangular shaped canvases are great for two pet faces on one canvas, or pets with a wide spatial presence. Examples: Two pups or two cats side by side, catfish with side feelers, guinea pigs, rabbits, etc